*To my MS readers, you still don’t have a Trader Joe’s (a small specialty store that buys most of its products directly from suppliers and deals with a number of local vendors), but they are spreading. There is one in Nashville the next time you visit. Also, for my North Carolinian readers, there is a TJ’s in Chapel Hill, Cary and Raleigh.
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream with Honey Apple Slices and Granola Clusters
- Pumpkin pie ice cream (can attest to Trader Joe’s, but other brands may be worth it?)
- 2 Nittany apples (or another fresh, sweet variety), peeled, cored, cut into roughly 1/4″ strips
- 1/2 cup Granola Clusters (cereal or a plastic pouch of granola) (more for lovers of crunch)
To make the honey and brown sugar mix that covers the apple slices:
Using 2 apples makes approximately 6 toppings
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
LET’S DO THIS!!
3. Add butter until it melts.
4. Reduce the heat to low and then add honey. Stir slowly for a minute or so until honey and butter are well blended.
5. Add brown sugar and repeat slow stir until well blended.
6. Add remaining ingredients and leave on low heat for approx. one minute.
7. Toss in apple slices to coat.
8. Spoon desired amount of pumpkin pie into bowl.
9. Add desired amount of apple slices and granola. Feel free to add a dash of cinnamon for color.
Happy cooking! Happy eating!